Meet Our Staff
We are comprised of compassionate and dedicated hospice professionals. Each member of our team is committed to providing our clients and their families with relief and support throughout one of the most challenging periods of their lives. We recognize the importance of having someone you can rely on that is why we dedicate our time to helping our clients in making the most out of their lives.
Our hospice team is composed of the following:
- Hospice Nurse
– A Registered Nurse who is responsible for primary hospice care management. Regular visits are made to patient’s home, hospital or nursing home to carry out care and treatment prescribed by a Physician. The Registered Nurse supports patient and family through crisis situations.
- Social Worker
– The Social Worker assesses patient and family needs. They educate the patient and family about community resources and provide ongoing support. Services may be provided in the home, nursing home or office.
– The Chaplain provides spiritual care for hospice patients and families. They assess spiritual needs of patients and families who request chaplaincy services and provides spiritual comfort.
- Medical Director
– A Physician who assumes overall responsibility of medical care of patients in conjunction with the patient’s own physician and hospice team. The Medical Director is available for consultations and emergencies when the patient’s own physician is not available.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
– A Nursing Assistant who provides personal care services under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
– The Volunteer visits patient and family per request and as patient and family request. They offer practical help and are available to provide understanding and caring to the patient and family.
- Bereavement Coordinator
– Responsible for bereavement care/counseling for Hospice families. Blessings Hospice provide grief support through individual or family counseling for adults and children/teens.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about our hospice team.